- Multimedia Show for Schools
- Dancing and Singing Workshops
- Tribal Vision Dance Promotional Video
- Shows for Festivals, Weddings and Corporate Events
- Letters of Recommendation
- Forum for questions and comments
- Original Artwork by Bill Powless
- Teachers Resource Page
- Upcoming Events Open to the Public and Powwow Listings
- Myeengun Henry
- Good Minds
- Canadian Raptor Conservancy
- Grand River Rafting Edible Plants Hiking Classroom
Sunday, July 19, 2015
Opening Night Showcase - Aboriginal Pavilion Pan Am Games
July 16, 2015 was the opening showcase for the Aboriginal Pavilion of the Pan Am Games. We were pretty stoked to be included in such an incredibly talented line up of artists.
Outside the Green room there were some sweet cultural exchanges going on between the Tonantzin Aztec Dance Group and the Tuktoyatuk Siglit Drummers and Dancers. If you get a bunch of cultural dance groups together and give them a few hours to kill, jam sessions will ensue.
We met the wickedly talented Niiko Soul. As it turns out he is based fairly local to us. London ON and area look for one of his shows, he is a great performer.
There was so much laughter and visiting going on backstage that it was hard to get a picture of a whole group at once but I was able to get some of the The Dakhka Khwaan Dancers. The put on a very powerful performance that night.
These ladies did an excerpt from a piece by Penny Couchie entitled "When will you rage?". These are just a few of the many talented artists that night. We didn't get to meet everyone but we are really proud to have been a part of the event.
There is another full week of programming happening at The Aboriginal Pavilion at Fort York in Toronto and it's FREE! Come out, bring your family you will not be disappointed.
Labels: Shows and workshops