- Multimedia Show for Schools
- Dancing and Singing Workshops
- Tribal Vision Dance Promotional Video
- Shows for Festivals, Weddings and Corporate Events
- Letters of Recommendation
- Forum for questions and comments
- Original Artwork by Bill Powless
- Teachers Resource Page
- Upcoming Events Open to the Public and Powwow Listings
- Myeengun Henry
- Good Minds
- Canadian Raptor Conservancy
- Grand River Rafting Edible Plants Hiking Classroom
Monday, January 5, 2015
Holiday Beadwork "Secret Santa"
I am in a group on Facebook that does a Secret Santa beadwork gift exchange. I tried it last year and had a really great time. When the chance to do it again came up I just had to do it again.
This is the gift that I received. I love big earrings and I have always wanted a dentalium necklace. I was pretty pumped to get this haul in the mail. The way this is set up the person we receive a gift from is not the person we are beading for so I do not know who made my gift as the box got thrown out before I thought to go and look for a return address.
Because we don't know the people we are beading for personally it can be difficult to make something you think they would like. We post a short blurb about ourselves and of course our SS can probably look through our pictures to see the kinds of things we wear and use. I decided I really wanted to challenge myself and make something I have always wanted like a beaded cell phone case or a kick butt medallion.
In the end I made a Haudenosaunee style raised beadwork cross body bag with hummingbird detail. Making the strap ended up being the most difficult portion of the whole process. I love the bag and now I think I might make myself one. I can't wait for my SS to get their gift (it was sent to New Mexico) and I sincerely hope she likes and uses it.