- Multimedia Show for Schools
- Dancing and Singing Workshops
- Tribal Vision Dance Promotional Video
- Shows for Festivals, Weddings and Corporate Events
- Letters of Recommendation
- Forum for questions and comments
- Original Artwork by Bill Powless
- Teachers Resource Page
- Upcoming Events Open to the Public and Powwow Listings
- Myeengun Henry
- Good Minds
- Canadian Raptor Conservancy
- Grand River Rafting Edible Plants Hiking Classroom
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
TDSB / WCDSB
We were at a public school in Toronto that had a strong First Nations focus today. The staff and students were pretty awesome and made us feel right at home.
These little shawl dancers came to visit us as we packed up to leave the school. They made me so happy. Now these little girls were so nice to us that they shared their bear paw snacks with us. That's what I call a good day.
Last week we visited a couple of different schools in the Waterloo Catholic District School Board. We were surprised with this gift after our presentations. That is the most thoughtful gift as the "Me to We" initiative is something we greatly support.
We were given a cedar tree at one of the schools as well. This was pretty amazing. I really really hope I can keep it alive long enough to transplant it. I feel like a cartoon character as I love plants so much but just cannot keep them alive.
On the day we visited one of the Teachers happened to wear this shirt. He made a point of coming to tell us that he didn't wear it on purpose but this led into a really interesting discussion around cultural appropriation which I sincerely hope he takes up with his class. These types of discussions are exactly what we hope our presentations prompt with teachers in their classrooms.
Labels: Shows and workshops