- Multimedia Show for Schools
- Dancing and Singing Workshops
- Tribal Vision Dance Promotional Video
- Shows for Festivals, Weddings and Corporate Events
- Letters of Recommendation
- Forum for questions and comments
- Original Artwork by Bill Powless
- Teachers Resource Page
- Upcoming Events Open to the Public and Powwow Listings
- Myeengun Henry
- Good Minds
- Canadian Raptor Conservancy
- Grand River Rafting Edible Plants Hiking Classroom
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
First People's Festival 2012
Last week we took part in the First annual First People's Festival at the Region of Waterloo Museum. We did a family day and three days of school tours. I thought it was a great festival and was happy to see quite a few people that we had seen at the Plowing Match the week before. I was pretty glad that we had a completely different program at each festival because that could have been real boring for people to see the same thing twice.
Derek, Adrian and I all ran our own workshops instead of working together at this festival. At first I thought it would be awkward but I ended up really enjoying myself. My workshop area was in a tent down in the pioneer village. I think we all had a good time and I hope we are involved again next year. There were so many cool things and workshops to take I don't know how the groups decided which to take.
Today we were Toronto at Lakeshore CI. We did a workshop with a group of Lakeshore students and their German exchange students. I was pleasantly surprised at the participation by all being that it was first thing in the morning after a long weekend.
We hope you had a relaxing weekend with your friends and family. We spent it surrounded by family and were incredibly thankful.
Labels: Shows and workshops