- Multimedia Show for Schools
- Dancing and Singing Workshops
- Tribal Vision Dance Promotional Video
- Shows for Festivals, Weddings and Corporate Events
- Letters of Recommendation
- Forum for questions and comments
- Original Artwork by Bill Powless
- Teachers Resource Page
- Upcoming Events Open to the Public and Powwow Listings
- Myeengun Henry
- Good Minds
- Canadian Raptor Conservancy
- Grand River Rafting Edible Plants Hiking Classroom
Friday, September 14, 2012
Six Nations Fall Fair Powwow 2012
Derek and I were honoured to be asked to be Head Dancers for this powwow. It got off to a bit of a rocky start as when people arrived we were told that it wasn't going to be a competition powwow but a traditional one. There were quite a few people who had travelled a distance to compete so they were disappointed. Some community members and organizations quickly put up some sponsorship and the committee was able to have some specials which was really fun.
I loved watching this baby girl jamming out in the smoke dance special.
On sunday the committee had a team dance special. Kristen and her teammates entered a Jingle dress team and they won! They did a really great job. I am not sure which powwow we are off to next, probably FDR. If you're there come say hi! We are so happy to be back visiting schools again. We will be at the International Plowing Match all next week so we hope to see you there.