- Multimedia Show for Schools
- Dancing and Singing Workshops
- Tribal Vision Dance Promotional Video
- Shows for Festivals, Weddings and Corporate Events
- Letters of Recommendation
- Forum for questions and comments
- Original Artwork by Bill Powless
- Teachers Resource Page
- Upcoming Events Open to the Public and Powwow Listings
- Myeengun Henry
- Good Minds
- Canadian Raptor Conservancy
- Grand River Rafting Edible Plants Hiking Classroom
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
North Battleford, Saskatchewan Powwow 2012
I loved this powwow. It was a mid-week which means it was Tues, Wed, Thurs. It had a really relaxed feel and the weather was great.
Talon was the Teen Boys Traditional Champion this year.
I think my only complaint was the mosquitos at night. The kids kept bathing in the OFF spray and that smell is not my favourite. On the second day they decided to throw out the points for the first day so we had to do 2 rounds of contest plus a fancy special contest so that was a bit rough on the legs.
Apparently this is the first time they held the powwow outdoors. They had this really cool tent that we were under. It kind of reminded me of the opera house in Australia from the outside.
We really knew we were on the prairies because of the tall grass. They didn't cut it before the powwow so it was hard to see the kids footwork for their first round of contest.
The Teen Boys Fancy contest was really exciting to watch. These boys jammed hard!