- Multimedia Show for Schools
- Dancing and Singing Workshops
- Tribal Vision Dance Promotional Video
- Shows for Festivals, Weddings and Corporate Events
- Letters of Recommendation
- Forum for questions and comments
- Original Artwork by Bill Powless
- Teachers Resource Page
- Upcoming Events Open to the Public and Powwow Listings
- Myeengun Henry
- Good Minds
- Canadian Raptor Conservancy
- Grand River Rafting Edible Plants Hiking Classroom
Monday, August 8, 2011
Bear Mountain powwow
We have finally returned home after another fun powwow weekend. We attended the Bear Mountain gathering in Harriman NY and the best part about it is that all six of us went. It is so rare lately that all of us get to go. Someone either has to work or has a sporting event or friends birthday party. I love having everyone along when it does get to happen.
Derek and I were honoured to be asked to be Head dancers on Saturday. The powwow was rained out quite early so we served again on Sunday. The storm held off right until awards were called. It was great that we got through the powwow but packing up the canopy in lightning is not fun.
The powwow is part of a series put on by the Red Hawk Native American Arts Council. They always have great entertainment at their events. The picture above is one of the birds from the birds of prey presentation. I hope we are able to get to the last one of the series which will be at FDR park at the end of September.
I am in the process of editing some video from the wkd. I will put it up here soon to make up for the lack of photos.