- Multimedia Show for Schools
- Dancing and Singing Workshops
- Tribal Vision Dance Promotional Video
- Shows for Festivals, Weddings and Corporate Events
- Letters of Recommendation
- Forum for questions and comments
- Original Artwork by Bill Powless
- Teachers Resource Page
- Upcoming Events Open to the Public and Powwow Listings
- Myeengun Henry
- Good Minds
- Canadian Raptor Conservancy
- Grand River Rafting Edible Plants Hiking Classroom
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Grand River Champion of Champions powwow
You couldn't have asked for better weather for the powwow this year. For the last 5 years there has been a lot of rain with last year being the worst with the dancer/singer parking lot flooded out. The heat on saturday was pretty intense but we got through it with lots of bottled water.
We sponsored a teen boys fancy special because Jacob is now officially in the teen category. I was pretty happy that the heat let off a bit on Sunday because they had 3 back to back songs. All the boys were so good I'm glad I didn't judge. Jake was sick this weekend so he didn't dance. He got to watch what the boys in his new category were doing. I think he is excited to move up to this next level.
Kristen placed first in her category which made her eligible to win the 'Champion of Champions' title again this year. She wanted the repeat really bad but she didn't win it. She was pretty grateful to have won her category.
All in all it was a great weekend with a house full of friends and we look forward to this weekend at the Wikwemikong Cultural Festival and powwow.